Friday, December 21, 2012

How I Plan to Protect MY Children

 

I will never rely on someone else for a first line of defense for my kids. Their safety and happiness is my ultimate duty. I will never ask someone else to put his or her life in danger protecting them when I am present. We are having a school board meeting the first week back after the holiday. Primary point of discussion will be lifting the gun free zone for adults (over 21) who are licensed to carry. Our fall-back is a biometric safe in each principal's office linked to the police department with at least 6 qualified to open it and use the weapons in an emergency. We have a very motivated community. 

And isn't it interesting which weapon the mom is holding in the pic above?

2 comments:

WiscoDave said...

Why not a biometric safe in each classroom or at least in several strategic locations?
Have a threat assessment done of the school for placement recommendations.
Also, ya gotta run drills!

Anonymous said...

The carry option for adults would allow for a quicker response. Anything electronic can fail or be spoofed as well.