Saturday, December 1, 2012

Is it Sunday Yet?

Today was the day of massive shopping in Big A. Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Vitamin Cottage, etc. What day is it? December 1. First of the month. Checks hit accounts today. Frustrating when you stand in line with your carefully planned purchases falling well within budgetary restrictions. And you stand behind a woman with 6 kids, a cart full of sodas, meat, and junk food that she pays for with her EBT card, and then pulls out a wad of cash to pay for the three cases of beer, two boxes of wine, and two cartons of cigarettes. Sigh.

I have absolutely NO problem with people who need help getting back on their feet I have absolutely NO problem with seniors getting back what they worked all their lives paying. Even knowing our social security taxes are going to pay that promise the government made and the probability that we'll ever see a Social Security check is slim to none, I have no problem. But the wannabe gangsta with his gold grill, sideways ball cap, and jeans clinging precariously to his thighs doesn't get my sympathy. The 20-something hipster with 20+ piercings from ear to ear and forehead to mouth sporting an Obama button doesn't get my sympathy. The woman with 6 kids by multiple baby-daddys doesn't get my sympathy. I know, I know. Don't judge lest ye be judged. You don't know their story. Sorry, don't want to know their story. I know my story, the sacrifices I made, the choices and consequences I embraced, and the fact that I didn't ask for others to pay for my choices. When people start having to pay the consequences, maybe they'll change their choices. Until then, we watch the takers multiply.

So I load my groceries into the momvan, turn on the radio (remember radios? the momvan sports state of the art AM/FM/casette), and my life-long theme song comes blasting out at me. Gotta love that.

14 comments:

wirecutter said...

Oh. You were only shopping. We thought you weren't posting because of a massive alcohol/sugar hangover.

hiswiserangel said...

Bwah-ha-ha-ha~snort~ppllltttt!
Don't mess with me, I'm hungover AND PMSing...

wirecutter said...

We knew one and we didn't need to know the other. I'm going back to my own blog. I just posted a video of a babe in her drawers field stripping an AR that I want to watch a few more times.

hiswiserangel said...

Love you too.

timbo said...

My hatred for the EBTers knows no bounds!
It's bullshit. Give them gov cheese and thats it.
A debit card, and the money withdrawn with it,
is something earned through hard work, and
the gov gives them away!!

Waiting in line behind those people is almost to much to bare.

timbo said...

Btw, what a great way for Wirecutter to "borrow" readers for his own blog!
"I'm going back to my own blog to look at babes and guns" Haha.

angrymike said...

I got no sympathy for the lazy good for nothing's who have no respect for the ppl who really payed for it either ..........

hiswiserangel said...

Yeah, I caught that too, timbo. But since I get 60% of my hits from his blog, I can't really bitch about it. Heck, I would be here yammering on if it weren't for his encouragement (insistance)to find something to occupy my mind.

Craig M. said...

Unfortunately, these people are encouraged to make this a lifestyle while breeding from the comfort of a roof we pay for too.

Mike Miles said...

Any society where the poorest among us are also the most obese among us suggests that a little more struggle would be beneficial.

orbitup said...

That makes too much sense.

Move along... nothing to see here.

hiswiserangel said...

We were broker than the Ten Commandments growing up. I mean, dirt poor. But we worked HARD to move up. Every house I lived in was a "tearer downer" that Poppy bought for a few hundred and we worked on. The house I grew up in cost $500, an $8000 builder's loan, and about $100K in sweat equity. That $13000 investment was appraised at $140K this year. That's how you make wealth. And I have numerous marketable skills as a result.

wirecutter said...

No, I just had better things to do than moderate increasingly deviant comments between you and my male readers.
So what did you think about my video, Timbo?

hiswiserangel said...

Have you noticed since I got my own blog, they aren't talking deviantly with me anymore?! ~pouting~