Sunday, December 2, 2012

Scary as Hell

 

I refuse to allow Liberals to define me as selfish or immoral simply because I don't believe in Government-mandated charity.

"The Psychopathology of the Liberal Mind"

If the culture of entitlement is illustrated by 47% of the population believing they have a right to live off the country's teat, then what could be termed a "culture of pseudo-idealism" is the mindset that gets its self-worth from assisting them to do that.
Pseudo-idealism is a term coined by the Australian biologist Jeremy Griffith to describe apparently charitable behavior that on scrutiny is revealed as selfish, because the giver is engaging in it only so that he or she can feel good about him- or herself. It is a characteristic commonly found among the left, and it constitutes what the author Geoffrey Wheatcroft recognized as the left's inherent dishonesty.


Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/12/the_psychopathology_of_the_liberal_mind.html#ixzz2Dxbx2oQb

6 comments:

orbitup said...

My stepson used to ask for us to do even the smallest things for him, I asked him why one time and he replied "It's easier when you do it." I had a field day with that!

I'm not saying he was bad or lazy, it's just basic human behavior. We encourage it. How long can you be on unemployment now?

Anonymous said...

What worries me is that it is spreading as a virus would. The powers that be wreck the economy and make people desperate enough to end up on the welfare rolls, ensuring that the majority of those enrolled will vote in favor of the welfare state (a lot of unemployed have quit looking for jobs and that is also how the labor department fools the people into thinking that the unemployment rate is lower than it really is). The fact that Obama and the Democrats got reelected despite monumental failures pretty much proves the point.

crankyjohn said...

I would quit my job, sign up for welfare and food stamps. Get a free Obamaphone, but then I would have to be home all day with the Missus.

angrymike said...

Get the missus a job.............;-)

hiswiserangel said...

Then they'd lose all the bennies, duh. ;-)

crankyjohn said...

Actually, she has a job. I would not really quit my job either. I just do it really half assed, thats the american way.