Friday, December 14, 2012

Such Tragedy



I am not going to politicize this; this is not the time for flag-waving, drum-beating, or talk of 2nd Amendment rights (which I hold dear and sacred) and gun control. This is just, flat out, without argument, a huge tragedy. When the numbers are so high, 27 at the moment, and it has happened at an elementary school full of our most vulnerable treasures, you can't summon the strength to make any political arguments or play blame games. My heart is heavy with grief for these families who have lost loved ones, precious lives, in such a senseless attack.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Newtown, Connecticut.

(I do want to clarify that my belief is and always will be that responsibly and legally armed adults on the campus, teachers, aides, janitor, whoever, would have ended this much quicker and with far less loss of innocent lives. And I fear, greatly, where this will lead.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh*
Every parent with a child has a heavy heart now and perhaps with teary eyes. Cursing those who have forsaken God, Honor, Family, Duty, Responsibly, Life, Life...
Yes it is obvious that to many godless bastards, life, even the most vulnerable and innocent life, is cheap and expendable...
Our heavy hearts, thoughts and prayers are with those who have been touched by this mass murder...
wb

Robert Fowler said...

Well said. And yet the gun haters are already beating their drums. They can't even wait until the dead are buried before they start their blood dance.

My post today was short and simple;
www.robertsgunshop.blogspot.com

crankyjohn said...

My heart goes out to those poor children and their parents.

hiswiserangel said...

I haven't been following you, why haven't I been following you?! What's wrong with me?! Hugs to you and the missus, you're good people.

Anonymous said...

video games industry and Hollywood is the reason these not-so-stable-kids grow to be mass murderers... Not guns... Never let the libtards forget it or put the blame on responsible gun ownership...
let's put the blame right where it belongs, marxists in Hollywood and video game industries...

wb

Anonymous said...

That was so terrible. Those poor families and children. I pray for all involved. :(

Robert Fowler said...

Thank you. We have 3 grandsons that are of the age of these young victims. It really makes you think when you have someone that could have been a victim.

Side note,
I lived in Bowie Tx. for 9 years and Wichita Falls for another 10. It was my adopted home after I got out of the Marines.

Anonymous said...

Not only are 20 innocent people dead, this will be the watershed moment for the gun grabbers. The politicians see dead and suffering people as nothing more than as a power source to drive their agenda. I refuse to call them vultures because actual vultures at least care for their young.

Anonymous said...

People kill people. Not movies (which have been around for a century), not TV shows, or books or video games.

hiswiserangel said...

I think the point was that movies and video games desensitize without giving the players a real sense of the devastating power of weapons. If the Left is looking for an inanimate object to blame, their movies and games are just as culpable (if not more so) than the guns they want to ban.
But I agree, the only person with ultimate guilt is the person who pulls the trigger.